About the Cold Climate Housing Research Center
Video - Understanding Moisture Management in Your Walls
Arctic Wall Performance
Prototype Homes in Rural Alaska
Presentation: Sustainable Northern Communities
We want to hear from you!
Building in a Cold Climate: Introduction to Super-insulated Walls
It's no surprise that sub-zero temperatures call for effective insulation. In this course, you will become familiar with the methods for constructing remote wall and double wall insulation systems used in cold climates.
- Learn methods for monitoring and managing moisture and heat loss in walls.
- Understand the function and benefits of a remote wall system.
- Understand the function and benefits of a double wall system.
- Become familiar with CCHRC's attempts at building affordable, energy-efficient homes in rural Alaska.
- Learn about the problems many rural Alaskan communities face and how they can be solved through better home building methods.
Continuing Education Credit:
This course has been approved by these organizations and associations.
Course Title: Building in a Cold Climate: Introduction to Super-insulated Walls
Course Number: PC-252-2020
Delivery Name: Procore Technologies
Curriculum Group Name: AIA Providers
Credit: 2 LU | HSW
Procore's Continuing Education courses may fulfill state licensing requirements. When a course is completed, a certificate of completion is provided. It is up to the construction professional to submit their certificates of completion to their state licensing board to request credit for participating in a Procore Continuing Education course.